Ascension Parish president Kenny Matassa recently announced the website for the multi-million dollar transportation program that will decongest the area’s roads. This massive project will greatly improve commute times and residents’ satisfaction. The great news is that the Move Ascension Initiative reportedly will add no new taxes for residents. Ascension Parish budgeted $35 million to cover the cost of the program. Funds will come from the already authorized bond issue and reserve funds.
Move Ascension Initiative
The Move Ascension Initiative was designed to work in collaboration with existing and ongoing state highway improvements. Capacity upgrades to corridors that see high use will ease congestion considerably. This massive infrastructure improvement plan will also increase safety on the roads.
During the initial planning development phase of the project, high priority projects were identified and prioritized. In August of 2017, Matassa asked the Parish Council to approve all pre-construction activities. In September, the first design task order was issued. The pre-construction deadline on the top priority projects is December of 2018. Construction on the high priority projects are set to begin in the first quarter of 2019.
Never Been A Better Time To Move To Ascension Parish
One charming community in Ascension Parish is Geismar. It’s located close to the Mississippi River where jobs are abundant. The Jambalaya Capital of the World, Gonzales, is also located within Ascension Parish. Prairieville is another thriving community in Ascension Parish. Let us show you properties in these municipalities or other nearby areas that will soon benefit from the planned transportation improvements.
With such massive infrastructure improvements planned for the near future, there’s never been a better time to consider investing in a new home or real estate in or around Ascension Parish.
Are You Moving to Baton Rouge?
Call us at 225-663-2015 or get in touch with us online to tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll start a custom search right away.
You can also check out our listings for Baton Rouge here:
- Single family homes for sale in Baton Rouge
- Condos for sale in Baton Rouge
- Luxury homes for sale in Baton Rouge
- Golf course homes for sale in Baton Rouge
- Waterfront homes for sale in Baton Rouge
- Baton Rouge homes with a pool
Want to search by price? Use these links instead:
- Baton Rouge homes for sale under $100,000
- Baton Rouge homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Baton Rouge homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Baton Rouge homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Baton Rouge homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Baton Rouge homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Baton Rouge homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Baton Rouge homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Baton Rouge homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
- Baton Rouge homes for sale between $900,000 and $1,000,000
- Baton Rouge homes for sale over $1 million